Web hosting is one of the most lucrative affiliate marketing niches out there. Here is my list of the best web hosting affiliate marketing programs ⇣ where you can earn up to $7,000 in commission for every web hosting client you refer to.
If someone told you they made thousands of dollars while they were asleep, what would you say to them? You would probably dismiss the claim as fake, call them crazy and move on, thinking it’s impossible to earn that much (or at all) without actually being “at work”.
But how do they earn it? The answer is simple — affiliate marketing.
Best web hosting and WordPress hosting affiliate programs in 2019:
WP Engine$200+WP Engine Affiliate Program
|Web Host||Commission||Sign Up Link|
|Liquid Web||$150 – $7,000||Liquid Web Affiliate Program|
|Kinsta||$50 – $500||Kinsta Affiliate Program|
|SiteGround||$50 – $125+||SiteGround Affiliate Program|
|Godaddy||$100 – $125+||Godaddy Affiliate Program|
|Cloudways||$50 – $200||Cloudways Affiliate Program|
|A2 Hosting||$85 – $140||A2 Hosting Affiliate Program|
|iPage||$105 – $150||iPage Affiliate Program|
|Hostgator||$50 – $125||HostGator Affiliate Program|
|Bluehost||$65+||Bluehost Affiliate Program|
Thousands of website owners and bloggers have found a way to sustain themselves with a passive income stream. How? By promoting web hosting companies. Did you know that Bluehost paid out 5 million dollars in commissions to affiliates last year!
I should mention that this website makes an income from affiliate marketing. Because it’s no secret that I monetize this website via affiliate marketing, mainly from the web hosts I have used over the years as a web developer.
When it comes to choosing the best web hosting affiliate programs, you have to be careful. Don’t just pick the one that pays the highest commission; pick the one that is reliable, user-friendly and well known for its quality.
But the most important rule you should always try to follow is this:
As an affiliate, you should only recommend web hosts that you are familiar with – and you should only recommend web hosts you have used before and have helped you achieve something.
If you’re not confident in the product and you don’t feel it will help people, then you shouldn’t promote it.
Unless you truly know the product, have used it successfully for yourself, and can prove that to your audience, you can’t expect others to just take your word for it – Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome
He knows what he’s talking about because he makes around $30k each and every month from promoting Bluehost.
Because, if you promote a low-quality product, it reflects badly on you. You can end up losing the audience you worked so hard to build. Choose your affiliate programs carefully and you will be able to earn more from it.
Best Web Hosting Affiliate Marketing Programs
Here, I have listed and reviewed some of the best web hosting affiliate programs for you to join. These have been chosen based on their payout, reliability and quality.
Let’s check them out in more detail!
- Liquid Web Affiliate Program
- Kinsta Affiliate Program
- WP Engine Affiliate Program
- Cloudways Affiliate Program
- A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
- SiteGround Affiliate Program
- iPage Affiliate Program
- HostGator Affiliate Program
- Bluehost Affiliate Program
1. Liquid Web Affiliate Program
Liquid Web is a leader in the premium managed hosting space. They offer a range of services from “classic” dedicated servers and VPS hosting, and Cloud dedicated servers and VPS to fully managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting.
Their managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting is fast, reliable and secure. Sites hosted on Liquid Web have the fastest speed with 10 PHP workers, free site migration, free SSL certificates, and no overage fees, traffic limits, or metered pageviews.
LiquidWeb’s managed WooCommerce and WordPress hosting come bundled with free Beaver Builder page builder plugin, All Iconic WP plugins, Jilt Abandonded Cart, Affiliate WP and Glew Analytics.
Their affiliate program is among the best in the industry. Affiliates are paid 150% of monthly cost with a minimum CPA of $150 (you also earn a 50% bonus for pre-paid plans.)
It certainly pays to refer customers to LiquidWeb. Here’s a breakdown of the CPA ranges:
- Managed WordPress: $150 – $2,000 per signup
- Managed WooCommerce: $150 – $3,000 per signup
- VPS Hosting: $150 – $300 per signup
- Dedicated Hosting: $150 – $7,000 per signup
- Cloud Hosting: $150 – $5,000 per signup
As an affiliate partner of LiquidWeb they’ll provide you with a range of excellent incentives to help you refer clients to them:
- Personalized commissions
- Exclusive coupon codes
- Co-branded landing pages
- Exclusive sales and offers
- Free giveaways to customers (like WP101 training memberships)
This makes Liquid Web’s affiliate program one of the best. This is a superb web host that the client you refer will love, and you will be generously rewarded for signing them up.
Join Liquid Web’s Affiliate Program
Payout is $150 to $7,000 per sale
2. Kinsta Affiliate Program
Kinsta is a fully managed WordPress hosting provider with cloud servers powered by Google Cloud Platform. Sites hosted with Kinsta load lightning fast, are secure and come with all the latest tech such as SSL, PHP7, HTTP/2 CDN, staging areas and loads more.
Their affiliate program is one of the best, if not the best in the hosting industry. For every sale you refer you can earn up to $500 + you get 10% monthly recurring lifetime commissions.
Here are some of the reasons why Kinsta’s affiliate program is one of the best in the business:
- Earn between $50 to $500 for every customer your refer (based on the type of plan you refer)
- Starter plan ($50 commission)
- Pro plan ($100 commission)
- Business plans ($150 commission)
- Enterprise plans ($500 commission)
- 60-day long tracking cookie, and earnings are paid in a 60-day conversion window
- 10% monthly recurring commissions for the lifetime of the customer you referred
- Kinsta’s churn rate is under 5%, which means consistent recurring commissions
- Monthly payouts to your PayPal account
- Real-time tracking where you can see affiliate data in real-time, as well as pageviews, subscriptions, in-depth plan details
- Huge library of promotional banners and logos, as well as guides and resources for affiliates.
All of these reasons make the Kinsta’s affiliate program one of the best. This is a fantastic web host and together with their rewarding affiliate program makes this a given recipe for success. I strongly recommend you go and check out their program and start earning affiliate income.
Join Kinsta’s Affiliate Program
Payout is $50 to $500 per sale
3. WP Engine Affiliate Program
If you mostly write about WordPress themes and plugins, WP Engine could be the best choice for you.
WP Engine has one of the highest paying affiliate programs, offering a minimum of $200 per sale. You will be paid on the 20th of every month and you have to create a ShareASale account to receive your payment.
As an affiliate, you receive a standard $200 commission on every sale or 100% of the first month’s revenue (depending on what plan your reader purchases) — whichever is higher. That’s one sweet deal, isn’t it?
WP Engine is one of the leading web hosting platforms in the domain; by promoting them, you can be assured of low reversal rates. You can also be sure you’re recommending a high-quality product to your audience.
Let us look at a few reasons why the WP Engine affiliate program is among the best in the business:
- Hefty Commissions: The program offers a minimum of $200 on every sale. Hardly any other program comes close to matching that number. The bonus point? If your customer opts for a pricier plan, you receive 100% of their first month’s revenue.
- Additional Bonus on More Referrals: The program is designed to incentivize the affiliate to drive more sales. If you have a wider reach and are able to refer more than five visitors to the hosting service website, you can count on earning more than $200 per sale. For every five sales you facilitate, you receive an additional $100. For 10 sales, you get $250. If 60 of your referrals convert, you receive a whopping $1500 commission, making a total of $15,475!
- Low Reversal Rates: People who opt for the WP Engine hosting service are usually dedicated WordPress users seeking an advanced hosting platform. And WP Engine does not disappoint. Therefore, the reversal rates are a lot lower than the other programs, which means you keep more of your payout.
- Commission from Sub-Affiliates: The earning potential from WP Engine is even higher because it gives you a commission for every sale your sub-affiliates make. For every conversion by your sub-affiliates, you earn $50.
- Copy & Paste Promotional Materials: WP Engine provides its affiliates with great banners and templates to use as promotional content. This greatly reduces your effort while increasing conversions, since WP Engine regularly conducts A/B testing on their banners. It also runs intermittent sales promotion offers that you can use to increase your referrals.
- Longer Cookie Duration: Generally speaking, cookies expire in 30 days for most affiliate programs. However, WP Engine allows a period of 180 days. This means that if a visitor from your website has clicked through on your affiliate link and purchases a hosting plan from WP Engine anytime within a span of 180 days, you’ll receive your due commission.
All these factors make the WP Engine affiliate program one of the best options. The only drawback is that fewer people tend to sign up for it, since its hosting plans are slightly more expensive. You will need to target your audience accordingly.
Join WP Engine Affiliate Program
Payout is $200+ per sale
4. Cloudways Affiliate Program
Cloudways is a managed web host that lets you quickly deploy websites to cloud servers like DigitalOcean, AWS, Vultr, Linode and more.
So if you blog about WordPress development, themes and plugins, then Cloudways could be the great choice for you.
Cloudways is one of the highest paying affiliate programs, offering commissions of up to $200 per sale.
They just recently revamped their affiliate program to offer affiliate better and more flexible commission structures. There are three different commission structures to help you earn the way you want:
- Slab (performance based) – Earn between $50 and $125 per sale
- Hybrid (performance + recurring based)- Earn $30 per signup + 7% lifetime commission
- Custom (performance based) – Earn up to $200 per sale
Let’s have look at a few reasons why the Cloudways affiliate program is one of the best in the business:
- Generous and flexible commission structure: The better you perform, the higher your commissions. You get to choose between a performance based commission structure, or if you are inclined to passive income the hybrid commission model is great if you are in for the long run.
- Dedicated affiliate managers: You get a dedicated affiliate manager to help you walk through every step of the cloud hosting affiliate program. Her or she will answer any questions you may have and give you access to expert guidance.
- Learning resources : You get access to various resources including our onboarding emails and guides, monthly newsletters, blogs, and benchmark articles.
- Real-time tracking: Cloudways affiliate dashboard comes with tracking cookies that monitor every visitor and referral so that you do not lose track of a single commission.
- Performance reporting: You can access detailed performance reports in your affiliate panel to evaluate your marketing efforts on campaigns and optimize strategies for improved results.
Cloudways delivers high performance and security cloud hosting for both WordPress and non-Wordpress websites. All of these reasons make the Cloudways one of the best hosting affiliate program with some of the highest conversion rates.
Join Cloudways Affiliate Program
Earn up to $200 per referral
5. A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
A2 Hosting is a renowned name in the web hosting industry, offering solutions for WordPress hosting.
The commission offered by the A2 Hosting affiliate program starts at $85, and goes up to $140. The amount increases based on the number of conversions, following an incentivized bonus structure. The payment is made on the 15th of every month via PayPal. It also offers $10 as a signing up bonus.
For the payment to be released, you need to touch the $100 benchmark. If you don’t make $100 in a month, the payment is released the next month (or whenever the threshold is reached).
Let’s look at some of the features the of A2 Hosting affiliate program and understand why it is one of the best programs available.
- High Payouts: Offering $85 on every sale, the commission offered by A2 Hosting is more than that of many other affiliate programs. Moreover, as your conversions increase, your commission goes up. For conversions between 11 and 20, you receive a commission of $100 per sale. For conversions between 21 and 30, the payout increases to $120 per sales. Finally, for conversions beyond 31, you get $140 per sale.
- Two-Tier Bonus: Like WP Engine, A2 Hosting also gives you the opportunity to earn every time your sub-affiliates make a conversion. For every referral by your sub-affiliate that purchases from A2 Hosting, you receive $5.
- Excellent Control Panel: Under its affiliate program, the A2 Hosting provides an all-inclusive control panel – called iDevAffiiliates – to its affiliates. Affiliates can use the software to gather statistics about their sales. They can also find banners and any other promotional material. The software also has videos and manuals to guide affiliates towards better conversions.
The A2 Hosting affiliate program has established itself as a leading program for bloggers looking to monetize. A2 hosting offers multiple hosting plans, with the basic one starting at $3.92 per month. This makes it easier to attract the audience to the portal.
Join A2 Hosting Affiliate Program
From $85 to $140 per sale
6. SiteGround Affiliate Program
Having been in the industry for over a decade now, SiteGround has made its mark as one of the best web hosting platforms out there. It has a stellar brand image which makes its affiliate program one of the most popular choices for bloggers.
SiteGround is an independent, user-friendly hosting platform that offers great quality. The SiteGround affiliate program is designed to reward volume, with a minimum commission of $50 per sale. This can go up to a decent $125 depending on the number of referrals you convert.
Let’s look at some of the features that make the SiteGround affiliate program a top choice.
- Performance-based Commission Structure: The program offers a commission of $50 for every sale that happens through your recommendation. The rate goes up with the number of conversions. While you receive $50 for up to 5 sales, between 6 and 10 conversions will get you $75. Conversions between 11 to 20 are eligible for a $100 commission per sale and if you cross 20 conversions, you are entitled to a generous commission of $125 per referral.
- No Minimum Sales: One of the best features of the SiteGround affiliate program is that you don’t have to reach a particular amount to receive your commission. Even if you make just one sale a month, your commission will be released.
- Weekly Payments: Unlike the standard monthly payment system, SiteGround makes weekly payments. This appeals to small-scale bloggers looking for a more regular inflow of money. The commission is released 30 days after the first sale.
- Robust Affiliate Support: Apart from providing the affiliates with well-designed and customized banners for promotion, it also gives them access to an affiliate manager who can be approached for any assistance.
SiteGround is among the most recognized names in the industry; therefore, you can be assured of high conversions and low reversals
Join SiteGround Hosting Affiliate Program
Performance-based commissions from $50 to $125+
7. iPage Affiliate Program
iPage is a well-known name in the hosting service domain, offering different plans to suit the needs of individual website-owners and entrepreneurs. It has been in the industry since 1998 and is part of the giant Endurance International Group (EIG).
The iPage affiliate program pays one of the best rates in the industry, with commissions starting at a flat rate of $105. It offers different rates for different hosting plans ranging from $105 for shared and VPS accounts going all the way up to $150 for a dedicated hosting plan.
It takes between 15 to 30 days for the payment to be processed. You can choose to be paid by check, PayPal or credit (if you are an iPage user).
Let’s check out a few specific features of the iPage Hosting affiliate program. What makes it an attractive option for affiliates?
- Leading Commission Rates: As an affiliate, you have the opportunity to earn up to $150 in commission per sale. This is one of the highest payouts by an affiliate program. Even the base rate of $105 is higher than most standard commissions and there is no cap to how much you can earn.
- Access to Promotion Materials: iPage gives its affiliates access to a variety of promotional materials like display banners, text links and more, which they can use on their website for promoting iPage hosting services. It also provides you with your own referral code that you can use in your ad.
- Higher Conversions: iPage offers some of the cheapest hosting plans in the industry. This means it facilitates a higher conversion rate for your referrals.
- Geographical Independence: You can be based anywhere in the world and become an affiliate of iPage. However, the payment is made only in US dollars.
iPage also offers its affiliates a robust resource center which they can use to increase their conversions. Since it is a part of the EIG, iPage is a reliable and widely trusted hosting service.
Join iPage Hosting Affiliate Program
From $105 to $150 per sale
8. HostGator Affiliate Program
Another member of the Endurance International Group, HostGator is one of the longest-standing hosting services in the industry. It has millions of users spread all over the world.
The HostGator affiliate program is among the most popular affiliate programs. It also has a performance-based commission structure which rewards a high volume of conversions; the basic commission starts at $50.
Offering plans for VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting and dedicated account hosting, HostGator uses Impact Radius to run its affiliate program. Let’s dig deeper into its features.
- Up to $125 Commission: You can earn a high commission of $125 per sale with the HostGator affiliate program. It follows a volume-based structure, where you earn $50 for up to 5 conversions, $75 for 6 to 10 conversions, $100 for 11 to 20 referrals and $125 for referring beyond 20.
- Payment Terms: You get paid on a monthly basis, and the sales are verified two months after they have been made. The payment is made one week after the sales are verified. You have to earn $100 minimum for the commission to be released but there is no upper limit.
- Affiliate Support System: HostGator offers a lot of guidance to the affiliates. It also provides a variety of banners and other materials. Finally, you will be able to consult with specialists if you want to boost your conversion rates.
Since HostGator’s plans are well-known and very popular, you will be able to promote its services easily and earn more as a result. This affiliate program is definitely one of most reputable ones in the industry.
Join HostGator Web Hosting Affiliate Program
Performance-based commissions from $50 to $125
9. Bluehost Affiliate Program
Bluehost is also a member of the EIG, which makes it similar to other hosting sites in this list.
Bluehost is a web hosting platform that is famous for its high-quality and low-cost offerings; therefore, its affiliate program has a stronghold among bloggers looking to generate an income.
Bluehost follows a flat commission structure, offering $65 per sale. However, the commission can go up to $120 depending on the number of referrals you make.
Check out a few unique offerings by the Bluehost affiliate program below:
- Rewarding Commissions: You can earn earn huge sums of money if you have the capacity to drive volume sales. With a base commission of $65 per sale, you are eligible for a higher rate if you market their plans well and drive a large number of referrals to their portal.
- Payment Terms: If you sign up with the Bluehost affiliate program, you will get your commission 45 days after the end of the month of eligible purchase. The payment is processed between the 16th and the last day of the month. You need to have earned a minimum of $100 for the payment to be released; you should have a PayPal account.
- Superior Tracking: Bluehost has one of the most sophisticated tracking softwares; not a single sale referred by you goes uncredited. Its technologically advanced tracking system makes it a stable and dependable affiliate program.
- Guidance and Support: Joining the Bluehost affiliate program gives you access to a plethora of resources to increase your conversion rate. It also provides affiliates with display banners and ad links for their perusal. Finally, the publishers have access to a team of experts who can guide you to make more money via commission.
- More Conversions, Low Reversals: Bluehost is an established brand in the web hosting domain and is already being used by millions of customers everywhere. This means it is easier for the affiliate to push its hosting services to regular visitors. Since the hosting service is accepted among the user community, you will be able to drive more conversions and keep the reversal rates low.
Bluehost offers a variety of plans to its users. And since its steady service is widely appreciated, you will be able to promote it easily. As a web hosting affiliate, you can’t go wrong with the Bluehost affiliate program.
Join Bluehost Affiliate Program
Earn $65+ for every sign-up
Everyone knows them, and they’re not as bad as some people say. But their commissions are low considering you will average less than $10 per sale at only 10-15%. For this reason, I would not choose them as your affiliate, especially since there are better WordPress hosts out there.
Recurring Commissions Offered? No.
- Based in Arizona
- Support is solid
- Everyone knows them
- One of the better cheap hosting companies
- Low commissions
- Uptimes are not great
- Speed seems to be hit or miss
- They have a list of blacklisted plugins
How Does It Work?
There are several ways to promote a web hosting service on your blog. First, you can write a post reviewing its services. Conclude the blog post with a link to the web hosting service.
Second, you can display banners on your website. Almost all affiliate programs give you their brand’s banners and other promotional materials. You can use these on your website or embed their link in your site’s footer or header. You can also use discount coupon codes to encourage your visitors to opt for the hosting service.
Every time a visitor checks out your website, clicks on the recommendation link and ends up purchasing the service of the hosting website, you receive a commission. This commission can be anything from $50 to over $1,000, depending on which web hosting affiliate program you belong to and what their commission structure is.
Who Is It For?
Web hosting affiliate programs are primarily for bloggers writing about similar topics like SEO, website and blog creation and web mastering. Even general website owners can be web hosting affiliates and promote their preferred hosting service.
If you want to be able to influence your audience to try out your recommendations, the first step is to build their trust. You can start by generating expert content on your blog.
Once you do this, it isn’t very difficult to direct them to a particular web hosting platform. For instance, you can simply include a footer that says “hosted by SiteGround” and drive visitors to the SiteGround website.
If you are already familiar with standard affiliate marketing and also blog about these topics, give web hosting affiliate programs a try!
Web hosting affiliate marketing works remarkably well for bloggers consistently putting out great content. The number of conversions you are able to make greatly depends on the search engine ranking of your blog or website, which is why the content is so important.
Choosing the best web hosting affiliate program is not a very difficult task for bloggers. In fact, you should already know about the existence of these popular hosting services. However, when choosing what you want to promote, keep all factors in mind. It’s not just about making a high commission, it’s also about keeping your content legitimate.
All the affiliate programs we discussed have been around for a long time; they are giving bloggers a great opportunity to generate a higher passive income. For instance, celebrated blogger Pat Flynn uses Bluehost and earns a hefty commission through referrals.
If you a blogger and are looking to join a web hosting affiliate program, take the plunge and let us know which program worked best for you!