You’re here for the best sales funnel builder or software you can use in hosting and building your online business? It can be confusing deciding which to go for, especially when there are great deals of tools in the land.
I’m sure you’ll agree that with me, right?
You’re just a few scrolls away to discover which is really the best online sales funnel builder for you to market, sell and make profits from either your physical or digital product.
And hold on a bit!
Not just a sales funnel for creating a landing page used for collecting leads…But rather a platform where you can build a complete online sales funnel for automating sales, hosting courses, doing webinars, managing affiliates, etc. And most importantly, a software that makes it possible to set up a funnel literally in minutes, even without mapping out the funnel.
Before I start with all the options of sales funnel building software in the market right now – let’s dig the ground a bit on what to look out for in your selection of a PERFECT sales funnel software.
Don’t also forget to see my best picks at the end of the list.
What Makes a Great Sales Funnel Builder?
Wondering the criteria you should consider before choosing the right funnel tool? Here we go:
#1: Ease of Use
Let’s get it straight…Your online sales funnel tool shouldn’t just be a drag-and-drop builder, but it must have a very friendly and understandable editor which allows you to position page elements without confusion and coding skills. Not forgetting how to integrate and implement other parts together. It shouldn’t cost you an arm and leg launching a fresh campaign on a platform you’ve finally settled with.
#2: Pre-built Customizable Templates
If you’re someone like – then you’re going to fall in love with a funnel creator offering varieties of pages and funnel templates. This makes it very easy for me launching a campaign fast, even when I’m lack ‘from-scratch’ inspirations. There should be customizable templates available no matter the industry you are in.
#3: Inbuilt Automation
Without an automation capability within your funnels, you won’t be able to monitor and automatically follow-up with your leads depending on the action taken. This function is more than creating a list, sending emails, tagging and segmenting them. With inbuilt automation – you build more personal connections with your leads and customers as they interact with your business.
#4: Membership Site
A complete sales funnel software should be able to create a member’s area page that hosts your training material or subscription content like courses. In essence, there won’t be a need for a 3rd party learning management software platform.
#5: Affiliate Center
Another great feature is an affiliate management solution that lets you create and add your own affiliate program so you’d be able to recruit and manage a bunch of marketers who would bring leads and for conversions in your business. for commissions
Some Other Criteria Includes:
- Ability to host webinars
- One-click upsells, downsells and order bumps
- Inbuilt shopping cart
- Fits into your existing marketing stack
- Training courses for users
- Responsive and helpful customer support
List Of Best Sales Funnel Builder & Softwares
Now, here comes the list of the popular funnel and page-building tools – starting from the top feature-filled ones:
The first sales funnel software on my list is Kartra. Kartra is one of the best sales funnel builder that is easy to use which houses almost every functionality you need as a business owner.
It is an all-in-one tool containing quite a number of online marketing solution that makes it easy for hosting and marketing your business. all from one end.
Features of Kartra Funnel software
- Done for you funnel templates Kartra offers you DFY sales funnel campaigns or templates you can quickly edit your product name, images and other branding assets and launch your sales funnel into action. A plug-and-play sales funnel that already contains pre-written sales copy, marketing automation sequences to help you close sales easily.
- Hosts videos Kartra has an inbuilt marketing-oriented video hosting solution where you can host your campaign videos which are to be used in your funnels and online courses. This means that there is no need for YouTube, Wistia or Vimeo.
- Helpdesk The Kartra Helpdesk is inbuilt ticket support and customer management tool. It includes a ticket system and knowledgebase management system so you can help your customers at multiple levels.
- Kartra Calendar This is another cool feature used for booking events and managing appointments with clients and customers
- Automated sales-driven campaigns Put your marketing and sales machine on automation with Kartra automated sequence builder which enables you to launch your list building and sales sequences with its inbuilt autoresponder
- Membership sites with Kartra A feature that lets you deliver your content to a set of authorized members. You build a membership-based site with this funnel creation software. Like a course or training session. With massive uploads of files, drip contents and so on…
- Kartra BAM A great feature in Kartra called Behavioural Adaptive Marketing for giving each of your customers a personalized experience.
- Affiliate management tool A built-in affiliate management system available in Kartra so you can: 1. See how well your affiliate marketing program is going 2. Assign affiliates 3. Set commissions 4. Manage affiliate payouts
There is an affiliate marketplace where you can display your product and let marketers apply to promote it for you.
Kartra offers you a trial period of 14 days for 1$ for you to have a test drive of all the amazing features in this funnel building application. Then after that, you can either choose from the below Kartra pricing options:
- Starter Plan for $99 per month
- Silver Plan for $199 per month
- Gold Plan for $299 per month
- Platinum Plan for $499 per month
Cons of Kartra
- It gets more expensive as your business/list grows
- Can be expensive for beginners
ClickFunnels is our second-best sales funnel building software on this list. It is currently the most popular platform on the planet. It helps business owners build landing pages, sales pages, create webinars, write sales scripts, build online courses, create membership sites, manage affiliates, and teaches you everything you need to know about:
- Creating sales funnel
- Building email lists ‘n’
- Closing sales
ClickFunnels houses EVERYTHING you need to build a complete automated sales funnel by just picking from the pre-designed templates for any type of business you operate. It’s always compared side-by-side along Kartra as they are both fit to be called an all-in-one marketing system. But Kartra has more features! So far, ClickFunnels software have produced millionaires in almost every niche out there. Below are case-studies I managed to find in some of these industries:
- Info Products
- Network Marketing
- Local Business
- Non Profit
- Getting started
- Affiliate marketing/Blogging
Click on any industry that relates to your business to get the case-study.
Features of ClickFunnels
- Pre-built funnel templates ClickFunnels has various pre-built funnel templates for you to be able to build complex funnels for your business, even if you have no sales funnel building knowledge.
- Drag-and-Drop sales funnel software ClickFunnels allows you to swiftly drag-and-drop every funnel building element without the need of learning how to code or hiring a developer. You can easily compare two variations of your designed or pre-designed funnel pages to see which one brings the best result.
- Affiliate management software This is called ”ClickFunnels Backpack” which lets you as business owners assign affiliate links to marketers and run an affiliate marketing program for their products.
- Funnel sharing With this feature, you’ll be capable of sharing a complete marketing funnel with clients or partners, to be downloaded and into their account with a single click. This feature is also available on Kartra.
- Membership site Creating and marketing your course can be carried out inside of ClickFunnels without the need for any other external course platform.
- Inbuilt automation (Follow-up funnels) This ClickFunnels feature lets you send emails based on your funnel visitors’ actions inside your funnel. Not forgetting the order bump and 1-click feature.
- Funnel Flix We call this the NetFlix of Internet marketing. This is where I think ClickFunnels beats Kartra hands-down. Funnel Flix is a collection of over a dozen marketing training and courses by industry-leading experts. This is free to access once you’re a ClickFunnels user. Isn’t this amazing?
This sales funnel software has two (2) pricing model after the 14-DAYS FREE TRIAL.
- The Startup plan which is priced at $97 per month
- The Etison Suite Plan which goes for $297 per month
Cons of ClickFunnels
- Steep learning curve.
- Expensive for startups or beginners
If you’ve been involved in online marketing for a while you should have an idea of what GetResponse is known for. This is an email marketing tool with a cool autoresponder capability.
But it didn’t there. It is the cheapest funnel building tool on this list and you can use GetResponse for quite a couple of other things online. Let’s take a look at them:
Features of GetResponse
- A dedicated email marketing tool Other platforms on this either has an inbuilt email marketing service or requires you to integrate one. But that’s not the case with GetResponse. Being a tool that majorly deals with email marketing – you’ll have options and accesses to carry out advanced email marketing activities. Plus your deliverability would be so high, lots of email templates and the rest of it.
- GetResponse Autofunnel Autofunnel is the awesome feature responsible for creating marketing funnels, lead funnels, and webinars inside of Getresponse. You’re being provided with ready-made, automated sales funnel generators to sell your products, recover abandoned orders, and convert customers. Not forgetting the automation templates, lead scoring, segmentation, webinar tool, etc.
- Page Templates GetResponse claims to provide conversion-focused sales pages that are easily customizable in minutes. I can’t really tell about this I only the email platform. You can check it out for yourself here.
- Ecommerce store Strange as it sounds – This software lets you sell your physical products using advanced online store mechanism. All you have to do is connect your store, create your product library, integrate your payment processor, set up a marketing funnel and finally back-end automation.
- Team management & CRM The team management is a collaboration feature that will surely be of great help if you work for a number of clients or marketing team on different aspects of your campaigns. For the CRM – it gives deeper insights into your deals so you can see where they are and what they do at every stage of your sales pipeline.
GetResponse Pricing (after free trial)
- The Basic plan of $15/mo
- Essential plan of $49/mo
- Professional plan of $99/mo
- Enterprise plan of $1,199/mo
Cons Of Getresponse
- Limited templates
- No order bumps and one-click upsells and downsells
- No affiliate management tool
- No membership site feature
Convertri can be classified as a stand-alone funnel builder and also a WordPress based sales funnel software that allows you to connect page into funnels which also gives you everything you will ever need to take a brand new prospect from an entry point of your funnel to the point where you convert them to customers. Convertri features like dynamic text replacement are what makes it a bit superior to platforms like ClickFunnels and Kartra. But the impression count limit on pages is what I don’t like. Also that it LACKS inbuilt members area, affiliate center, inbuilt automation, and few cool features.
Features of Convertri
- Drag-and-drop editor You will not have to worry about content blocks or sections because this purchase funnel also features a drag-and-drop page editor. Just pick the element you want and put it where desired.
- AMP features You can automatically convert your website pages created with Convertri into Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- Some other features include: -Dynamic Text Replacement -Sub-accounts
Convertri offers a $0.01$ 14-Day FREE trial period plus the following pricing plans.
- Convertri Standard Plan for $59 per month
- Convertri Pro Plan for $69 per month
- Convertri Agency Plan for $199 per month
Cons of Convertri
- Impression limit/count on pages
- No inbuilt automation and affiliate center
- No membership site builder
- Doesn’t function as an independent sales funnel builder
- Lacks most of the needed integrations
- Lack of upsells and downsells
Landingi is a sales and landing page editor with a core function of creating a converting landing page for your business. Although this isn’t a complete sales funnel builder, but rather a front end landing page builder that collect leads for you. So I wouldn’t recommend Landingi if you’re looking for a complete tool-suite for growing your online business.
Some Features of Landingi
- Free landing page templates Choose from up-to 200+ landing page templates. There is no need to start from scratch in creating your landing page.
- Integration with tools Landingi integrates with solutions like MailChimp, Hubspot, SalesForce, Drip, Intercom, Kissmetrics, Shopify, etc, so that you can automatically move your leads to any mailing platform or CRM tool.
- Rich data from Analytics Get a helpful insight and stay updated with the key analytic indicators from Google Analytics and conversion pixels, so you can be able to optimize your conversion rates and the best out of your landing pages. Landingi also supports third-party integration.
Landingi offers a 14-Day FREE trial period, then after that, you can either subscribe to any of the following plans:
- Basic Plan for $15/mo
- Core Plan for $39/mo
- Create Plan for $45/mo
- Automate Plan for $59/mo
Cons of Landingi
- You can only build landing pages
- Lacks a shopping cart
- No affiliate center, automation tool, and members area
- Needs more tool to function properly
- No order bump features and upsells
- Lack of webinar software
Instapage is one of the best and popular landing builders out here that doesn’t leave you hanging with overwhelming features. This software will help get started in creating a simple – yet effective – landing pages even if you’re a newbie designer. Unfortunately, you can’t create a sales funnel that automates sales, performs webinar, hosts courses and manage affiliates on Instapage.
This places Instapage as ‘not too good’ alternative if you’re looking for a complete sales funnel software.
Some Features of Instapage
- Dynamic Text Replacement This feature of Instapage enables you to change your page copy based on the search query, mostly for Paid Per Click marketing.
- Powerful Integrations Instapage connects with other marketing tools which makes your sales funnels pages efficient and easy for you to use.
- Ready to use templates Instapage has 200+ landing page templates you can instantly customize to your preference and launch your campaign.
- A/B Testing Create variations of your purchase funnels and use the page that converts the most.
- Analytics and graphs You easily track and measure your landing pages’ success and failure using analytics tools, heatmaps, and pixel tracking on Instapage sales funnel builder.
You can test run Instapage with a 14-Day FREE trial and then upgrade to the Core Plan:
- Instapage Core Plan for $129 per month or $99 for an annual sub.
- There’s also an enterprise plan which is available on quote
Cons of Instapage
- Lacks a shopping cart
- Not a funnel builder
- Can’t host courses and build webinars
- Very expensive
- No order bump, 1-click upsells
- No webinar tool
#7: Thrive Themes
Thrive Themes is a collection of tools and plugins designed to be used on your WordPress site. You can use these tools to build pages, websites, host courses, generate leads, split tests, and a bunch of other stuff on WordPress. Thrive Themes is one of the best funnel creators on WordPress. This means you will need to have a website on a self-hosted WordPress.org. This can be done quickly by getting a free domain and pay a yearly hosting fee for less than $100 on bluehost.com.
Thrive Themes memberships plugins can be exploited to build any type of sales funnel and pages for your business.
Features of Thrive Themes
- Easy to use builder Thrive Themes features a functionality called Thrive Architect. This is an easy to use landing page and website builder, where you don’t need to master any coding skills to set a sales page up and running. This is the main builder.
- Pre-built templates It’s very to get started building your marketing sales funnel with the help of Thrive Themes pre-built and pre-designed unlimited templates. In addition, you can as well use a feature called “Thrive Leads” to build very engaging opt-in forms using the already made forms and pages OR just drag and drop your own from scratch.
- A/B testing With Thrive Optimize you can split test your landing pages, sales funnel, opt-in pages and squeeze pages to enhance for the best.
- Only used on WordPress This tool can work only as a WordPress plugin and you need a lot of plugins and integration for it to function well.
Costs of Thrive Theme Membership
- Thrive Theme membership $30/mo on a quarterly basis or $19 on monthly
- Agency Membership $69/mo on a quarterly basis or $49 on monthly
Cons of Thrive Themes
- Works only on WordPress
- You’ll need to pay for hosting and domain
- Tons of plugins and integrations needed
- No automation and affiliate center
- No 1-click upsell, downsell and order bump feature
- Can’t do a webinar
Leadpages is a popular easy-to-use, drag and drop sales page software but NOT a sales funnel builder, with lots of amazing customizable templates that enable you to design landing pages and generate leads for your business online. There are lots of templates to choose from. Or you can easily create yours by dragging and dropping funnel elements on the page editor. This online tool is efficient for gathering leads and nurturing them until they convert to buyers.
Features of Leadpages
- Design Pop-up boxes You can build pages with pop-up boxes on Leadpages which enhances the way Leads are being collected.
- Free templates There are lots of templates to choose from so you can rapidly create your pages in minutes without overthinking the creation process. Some of the templates also include Pop-ups, opt-in forms, and landing page templates.
- Facebook Ads Creator Leadpages provides you with an option to create a Facebook Ad based landing page where your visitors from a Facebook Ad campaign will land whenever they visit your landing page.
Leadpages is priced into three (3) different plans, after the 14-DAY FREE TRIAL.
- The STANDARD plan is priced at $37 per month
- The PRO plan at $79 per month
- The ADVANCED plan at $321 per month
Cons of Leadpages
- Not a complete sales funnel builder
- No inbuilt automation
- No membership site feature
- No 1-click upsells and affiliate center
- No webinar tool
BuilderAll is also an all-in-one marketing platform just like Kartra and ClickFunnels with almost all the tools you need to run a business without the need for any external software. BUT, I have to say Builderall has some extra tools that are built-in into the platform – that might confuse you and leave you overwhelmed. Almost all the 30 tools within Builderall are just at the mediocre level and not the best in class – compared to what you get on Kartra and ClickFunnels. Imagine using a funnel building tool for creating apps, creating animations, designing graphics, etc.
Lets see some features.
Features of BuilderAll
- App builder Create and customize your own App (Android and iOS) inside BuilderAll with no coding skills.
- Create membership sites Just like ClickFunnels, you can also create your online course on BuilderAll without the need for a course creation platform.
- Make animated videos Make animated and floating videos in just a few minutes and also build a powerful presentation for your audience.
- Heatmaps and ClickMaps A BuilderAll functionality that enables you to monitor and learn about your visitors’ actions on your sales funnels.
- Some other features include:
- Animation and video editor
- Blog Builder
- Browser notification system
- Ecommerce tool integration
- Facebook Messenger chatbot
- Autopost for social media
- Social Proof software
- Presentation software
- A content share locking feature
BuilderAll offers a 7-Day FREE trial, then you can choose to start with the following plans:
- Essential Plan $29.9/mo
- Premium Plan $69.9/mo
Cons of BuilderAll
- Unintuitive and clunky editor
- Overwhelming features
- Lacks 1-click upsells
OptimizePress is a popular WordPress builder and tool that has been in existence for quite a long time which is used to create high converting landing pages to promote offers to your audiences. This tool also includes fully customizable templates integrable with email autoresponders and payment gateways. One thing about OptimizePress builder is that you can only use it with/on WordPress websites and also known to be an advanced landing page builder. Kind of a bummer, right?
Features of OptimizePress
- Page templates OptimizePress comes with pre-built template pages which are divided into several categories just like that of ClickFunnels. They include:
- Optin pages
- Sales pages
- “Thank you” pages
- Webinar pages
- Membership site pages
All action inside of WordPress
- Membership site This is a feature that you only find on just very few landing page builders out there. It’s available on Kartra and ClickFunnels. The Optimize Member module feature is responsible for protecting your content and allows you to sell access to people.
- Free photos All OptimizePress plans give you access to 1million+ free photos with Unsplash integration
- Other features include:
- – Scarcity Add-on
- – Optimize Funnel Builder (in the works)
- – OptimizeCheckouts
- – WordPress Themes
- Essential Plan costs $97: on 1 personal site
- Business Plan costs $149: used on 5 sites
- Elite Marketers Suite $199: used on 20 websites
Cons of OptimizePress
- Runs only WordPress
- Not a complete sales funnel builder yet
- Lacks inbuilt automation
- You can’t host a webinar
- No order-bump and 1-click upsell
Unbounce is a software specially made so that you can easily create a landing page that turns visitors to buyers. Unbounce only focuses on helping you create landing pages and NOT a funnel. Unbounce and Instapage are very close competitors in the landing page world – both with Dynamic Text Replacement features.
Features of Unbounce
- Sticky bars and Pop-ups This feature lets you create sticky bars which help in getting more conversions and pop-ups overlays used for lead generation.
- Huge range of templates Unbounce offers over 100 templates similar to most of the builders on this page, allowing users to choose any based on their business or marketing campaign.
- A/B testing The analytics and A/B testing also work in a way where you derive the best variation of your pages.
- Dynamic Text Replacement A feature that is most useful to PPC marketers which helps them to automatically swap out keywords from their landing page and matches with the keyword that your audience searched for. This is such an amazing feature, that instead of having to create different landing pages for each keyword, Unbounce makes it easy to have it all in one.
- Essential plan costs $79
- Premium plan $159
- Enterprise plan $399
Cons of Unbounce
- No webinar feature
- Lacks 1-click upsells, order-bumps and downsells
- No inbuilt automation and affiliate center
- No shopping cart builder
- A bit pricey for beginners
Which is the Best Sales Funnel Builder Overall?
First of all, if you really want to spend less time on manual tasks, automate most part of your business online, build converting funnels, host courses, manage affiliates and create webinars…
NEVER USE A LANDING PAGE SOFTWARE!
Unless your sole aim is creating a one-page funnel for building pages that makes front end sales or collects leads. Because a complete sales funnel isn’t just for lead generation and making sales – but rather helps you as a business owner lessen the work-load of being present to respond to calls, send emails, settle support tickets, follow-ups leads…And most importantly increase the conversion rate of your page visitors to make sure every prospect is nurtured down the pipeline to buy from you. These are what a complete marketing funnel software tool helps you to accomplish.
But, which sales funnel software should you go for?
Being someone that’s very active and always up-to-date in the world of sales funnels and marketing as a whole – plus tested almost all the page builders and funnel tools on this list…
I went further to conduct in-depth research on forums, Facebook groups and interviewing users of these platforms.
The 2 top best sales funnel building software are:
Without being biased or one-sided – Kartra happens to be the best here and wins over ClickFunnels with some of the greatest and easy-to-understand features.
In my opinion, Kartra has much more solution-oriented functionalities than ClickFunnels.
Talk about the:
- Calendar/appointment booking tool
- Helpdesk tool
- Behavioral Adaptive Marketing
- Video hosting
- Detailed analytics
I have been on Kartra platform for months and I can testify that it’s amazing features are worth the price.
How about ClickFunnels?
You might have had a lot of stories about ClickFunnels and Russell Brunson (the founder) – this is the most popular sales funnel builder in the market and existed way long before Kartra.
As a disclaimer: I’ve been an active user/subscriber of ClickFunnels for quite a long time now. But this doesn’t mean that I’m supposed to vote it over Kartra.
C’mon, let’s be honest with ourselves!
Some of the few distinctive aspects where ClickFunnels wins over Kartra are the:
- Better and intuitive editor
- Funnel Flix (free marketing videos training/courses)
- Rewards and incentives to users (2 comma club award etc)
By the way, if you need to compare my two best online funnels, here is a helpful comparison of ClickFunnels vs Kartra. Yeah, I know both of them can be expensive if you’re getting started…
Well, it’s just like you’re paying for an extra service that saves time and maximizes sales, as they both give you everything you desire to create impact, change lives and make more money.
Even without your physical presence :).
As a very cheap and affordable alternative – you can test GetResponse for free 14-days as to see would serve you. Although something tells me you’re not going like it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a funnel building software?
A sales funnel builder is an all-in-one online marketing tool-suite that houses all the essential tools you need to connect different pages, market, sell, automate and grow your business inside a single platform without duct taping. You use it in building all the steps and processes your customer goes through in buying from you.
What are the best sales funnel software?
What are the cheapest sales funnel software?
It’s obvious that our best picks of funnel creators are kind of a bit pricey. So, the only cheaper alternative I can recommend is GetResponse as it starts at $15/mo. But it comes with quite a few limitations, frankly.
How do I map out my sales funnel?
If you desire to map funnels first before building them. You can use a funnel visualization software like Funnelytics (free) draw everything out. And you can even connect your mapped design to your favorite builder.
So which of these funnel building tools are you starting with?
The ball is obviously in your court my friend. Got questions or thoughts? Let us talk in the comment section.